2008年11月13日木曜日

The autumn festival


I searched and found a strange autumn festival. The name is “Tomatina”. It is held in Spain. If you had a time, you should search this festival’s photographs because this festival is sometimes called “crazy festival”. You can easily understand this mean by this photo. Now I would like to talk about “Tomatina”.

It is called “La TOMATINA” in Spanish and held on last Wednesday in august. Tomatina starts an eve of festival. It is like a Japanese general festival. People drink alcohol, eat something and dancing all night.

Next day, people join “PALOJABON”. It is a stick and It is painted by soap and there is uncured ham on the top. People climb the stick to get a ham and decide a winner. Then Tomatina starts and people throw and throw tomatoes to each other. It is finished by sign of whistle.

I think this festival is very crazy but it looks like fan so if I had a time, I wanted to join this autumn festival! If you wanted to know more details, please search "La Tomatina".

2 件のコメント:

Mai さんのコメント...

I also think Tomatia is a crazy festival, but I want to see it directly.

FAB さんのコメント...

This festival is really intesting I think. It's looks blood...scary! Now I'm learning Spanish and Italian so if I go to these countries, I want to join it!